Crate Diggers: The Mummy (2017) 1st Reaction

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Mummy (2017) 1st Reaction

“Welcome to a new world of gods and monsters” - Dr. Jekyll
Image result for the mummy 2017 poster

*SPOILERS*

This was a great start to Universal’s Dark Universe films. I really enjoyed the story and the action scenes. My favorite part of the film was the main character Nick fighting Mr. Hyde and I like this part because it shows that these series of movies will have multiple different Universal monsters in one film. I also liked the references to Dracula, the Creature From the Black Lagoon and the book of the dead from the last “Mummy” series. What I didn’t like about the film just like with every other Mummy movie is the casting of non African people in the role of Ancient Egyptians. As proven through DNA and ancient artifacts the people of Ancient Egypt were Black Africans, not European nor Arab. Besides that I liked the film and would give it a 7.5 out of 10. I recommend this film to those who love horror films and the classic Universal monsters.

Trailer for the film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHgzkQM2Sg  “The Mummy - Official Trailer (HD)”

No comments:

Post a Comment